Elegant DIY Floral Ice Cubes
Floral ices cubes are an easy & elegant way to elevate your ice bucket. They’re perfect for Sunday brunches and garden parties. They also make for a beautiful touch at bridal and baby showers. This is a super simple and inviting way to elevate your bar area, and you can make them yourself at home.
How to make your own floral ice cubes
Tip #1: We highly recommend using an oversized 2-inch ice mold. This is because you can fit more flowers and larger blooms inside. However, a regular sized ice tray will totally work too!
Tip #2: Use distilled water that has been boiled and chilled. This will make your ice cube look more pristine & clear, and help avoid any cloudy impurities.
1. First prepare your flowers. Rinse off the blooms, cut off the stems, and let them air dry for a bit.
2. Fill your ice tray about half with water then add in your flowers. Don’t worry if the flowers float to the top – we promise they’ll still freeze nicely inside.
3. Place your ice tray inside your freezer and freeze for at least six hours.
4. Remove from the freezer and top off your ice tray with the remaining water. Return your tray to the freezer and let set until the water is fully frozen.
5. Fill your ice bucket with regular ice and your favorite bottles (or cans) of wine, then place your beautiful floral ice cubes nicely on top.
And voila! Now you know how to make super simple, and extraordinarily elegant, floral ice cubes at home. Cheers!