Perfect for warm summer days and evenings spent on the patio, we’ve created a refreshing summer wine ice cream recipe using our balanced and bright AVA Grace Chardonnay! Taking approximately four hours in total, this simple recipe elevates the delicious pear flavors of our Chardonnay while accenting its delicate hints of spice and vanilla.
White Wine Ice Cream Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour & 10 minutes Total Time: approximately 4 hours
- 1 bottle of AVA Grace Chardonnay
- 1 pear, skinned and diced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- Over medium-low heat, simmer the bottle of Chardonnay until it has reduced to 1 cup. Set aside.
- Note: This can take approximately thirty minutes to one hour depending on the heat of the stove.
- Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl until they’ve thickened slightly. Set aside.
- Add the cinnamon, diced pear, cream, whole milk, and granulated sugar to a medium saucepan at medium heat and stir until the diced pear has softened and the mixture is steaming.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, pour the egg yolks into the saucepan and stir until the mixture has thickened.
- Note: Do not add the egg yolks until the mixture has cooled as it can cause the egg to cook.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the cup of reduced wine to the bowl and stir.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until chilled through.
- Churn the mixture in an ice cream machine and freeze until it reaches the desired consistency.