Valentine’s Day is approaching and you’re looking for a homemade gift to show your love…As chocolate prices skyrocket and flower bouquets sell out, give a gift with a personal touch by baking these delicious red wine cupcakes topped with red wine buttercream frosting from AVA Grace. Garnish these sweet treats with chocolate shavings, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or fresh fruit to complement their rich flavor and wow your special someone. These indulgent cupcakes are full of silky Merlot flavors that will say it all this Valentine’s Day. It’s time to don your apron and bring out your measuring cups in preparation to celebrate your crush with these delicious cupcakes!
Sweetheart Red Wine Cupcakes Recipe with Red Wine Buttercream Frosting
Makes: 32 red wine cupcakes (96 miniature cupcakes)
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:20-25 minutes (10 minutes for miniature cupcakes)
Total Time:45-50 minutes (35 minutes for miniature cupcakes)
Red Wine Cupcakes Ingredients
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 6 egg whites + 1 whole egg
- 1 cup AVA Grace Merlot
- 2 ¾ cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 6 ounces high-quality dark chocolate
Red Wine Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
- ½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ cup AVA Grace Merlot
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Red Wine Cupcakes Directions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two cupcake pans with paper or foil cups and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder and set aside.
- Melt the 6 ounces of dark chocolate in a saucepan or a microwave and set aside (make sure it does not solidify).
- In a separate, very large bowl, cream the butter and sugar on a low speed.
- Once the butter mixture has been creamed, add the egg and egg whites one by one while mixing on a low speed.
- Once the eggs have been mixed into the butter and sugar, add the Merlot while mixing on a low speed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add the melted dark chocolate and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake pans until they are ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Red Wine Buttercream Frosting Directions
- Whip the butter until it is fluffy.
- Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar while mixing on a low speed (or with a spoon).
- Slowly add the Merlot and vanilla while continuing to mix on a low speed.